Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pincushions

I became involved with a Yahoo Group almost three years ago called "Crazy About Pincushions". It instantly became an addiction to make pincushions. I love doing them. I have probably made a couple of hundred pincushions over the last three years. I keep thinking I will run out of ideas, but since joining the group, everything I see has the possibility of being a pincushion. There are over 600 talented members of this group. Many of them work with felted wool and hand craft the most unbelievable pincushions in numerous shapes and sizes. Mariah, the group owner, has an eye for color and making great pincushions using wool. Suzanne, one of the moderators in Australia, is amazing. I think that she can make anything into a pincushion. Then there is Luann(http://www.lulubears.com/), the moderator from Texas, she incorporates her felted bears into her pincushions. I am a proud owner of one of them. This group actually first inspired me to go outside of my comfort zone to try something different. We did a swap of triangle bags and that is the first time I put a zipper in anything in my life. It was am amazing experience and has made me a stronger crafter. I will add pictures of some of my pincushions I made over the past couple of years.

1 comment:

Mariah said...

I even talked you through putting a zipper in over the phone...and we both had a belly hurting laugh while we were doing it....
Mariah