Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ramblings

I was thinking about my Mom the other day, it's been 9 years since she passed away and that's hard for me to wrap my head around. As I have said, my mother could re-do anything and make it look new. She could take plaster ducks that were broken, fix them and repaint them to look brand new. She had a talent that I will never have, although I try. I have thought about what my mother loved most in this world, beside her children and it was animals. Dogs, cats, birds, you name it she loved them. When my mother passed away, we were trying to figure out what kind of card to do for the service and it came to me her love of animals, we decided to put St. Francis of Assisi on the front of the card, as he was the patron saint of Animals. He was also my patron saint for my confirmation. I have been playing around with a quilt idea for about a year now and I think I have finally come up with the tribute quilt for my mother. I am going to applique some animal blocks, do some photo blocks of animals we had as children and the main block will be a photo of my Mom and Dad. I may add a photo block or two of my brothers and I, but that will have to be auditioned when I start putting the quilt together. I have several other quilts I need to make, but I am thinking this one will become a priority.

I miss my mom, more than I ever thought I would, but she deserves to have a quilt made just in honor of her. Without her inspiration and that of my grandmother, I would not be the crafter that I am. So Mom, if you are watching, let me know what you think of the quilt when it's done!

Anett

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Lovely idea for a quilt. :) And a nice reading about your Mother.

A tribute to Love, *karendianne./ Living Life at LeeHaven