Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's a Signature Thing















Thanks to Melissa at http://cornbreadandbeansquilting.wordpress.com/ I learned how to make the above Signature blocks. She had a block swap on her blog done in these blocks using civil war fabrics...also something I would not have picked, but ending up really liking. These fabrics are way out of what I would normally pick, but I thought to try something new. I think that I am actually liking the ones on the left better than the ones on the right. I am making these blocks to take home with me in May when I visit my family and friends. I am going to have everyone sign one and then bring them home and make a quilt for me. I am also going to send one of them to several friends that live out of the country for their signatures also. I continue to try expand on the types of blocks I can do, but at the end of the day I am still just a simply quilter making simple quilts. My passion for quilting is what keeps me going and I will never be a master quilter and that's alright with me...it's about the creating...and giving and not about the skill level.

Off to cut more fabrics for these....Have a Happy Easter!

My best to all,


Anett

No comments: