Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Family

This has nothing to do with sewing...I just felt like talking about family today. This is my older brother Bobby. I am sure most everyone he knows calls him Bob, but he will always be Bobby to me. When I was younger, I spent a lot of time with my brother Bobby. He used to take me to the movies, with his friends sometimes and was always willing to spend time with me. He used to do this little dance for me that would totally crack me up...if I had to explain it now, I know I couldn't. As we grew older, we grew apart, but he really changed after being in Vietnam. He was never my happy go lucky brother when he came home. He saw things and did things that he would never talk about to anyone in the family. My brother has a purple heart (which I have never seen) and I don't even know why it was given to him.....he refuses to talk about it. The only reason I know he has it, is because he has the purple heart license plates on his car....you can only get them if you have a purple heart medal from the service. This is his second wife with him...he has two beautiful boys from his first wife and these two gorgeous children with Cherilyn. My niece Chelsea (in the above picture) is stunning. She has her own dance studio and is a very talented dancer. My nephew Casey (in the above picture) is a character...just like his father...the only difference between them, is that Casey is somewhat shy and that totally is not how my brother is. He doesn't have a shy bone in his body. To this day, my brother still cannot pass a mirror without checking himself out. It really is very funny and it has cracked me up all of my life. To say that my brother is vain, would be an understatement. The sad thing is, I don't think he has gained one damn pound since he was 17.....it sucks and it proves that genetics are not fair!

Have a great day everyone.


Anett

No comments: