Sunday, July 26, 2009

Practice Signature Blocks and long arm quilting

These are not perfect, but they are getting there. I love the fabric. I bought it at a quilt show this weekend. I bought a couple of different civil war fat quarters to practice with. I have a very dear friend who is sending me some civil war fabric and it should be here any day. She is a sweet heart for doing this, but I won't tell her that, as she will deny the whole thing. I also ordered a marking pencil to use on these that should be here tomorrow. I am looking forward to making some more of these blocks, but it will probably have to wait until next weekend, as we are in for some really hot weather and I do not do well in the heat. Next Saturday, I am going to have the opportunity to learn how to use a long arm quilter. Dennis, the gentleman that is going to teach me is probably one of the finest quilters I know. Right up there with my friend Karen in Florida. Well, he has a long arm in his shop and he is going to teach me to use it next Saturday. I am so excited, I can hardly wait. I have FINALLY worn him down and he is going to work with me. I have been after him for several years to teach me and I guess I caught him at a weak moment and I am so going to hold him to it. I am scared, excited and pee in your pants happy to have this opportunity!

Wish me luck,

Anett

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Oh what pretty blocks and things you have up here. So... you're going to learn to take a spin on the long arm?! That's some really fun, super fun news.

I'm so happy for you. You'll have to return with photos and updates dontcha know.