Monday, July 6, 2009

It's a simple thing....

This is a very simple tote that I made on Friday. I had a lot of fun making it and I loved the fabrics. I made this for Beth (my young friend that had cancer) for her birthday. This is the first tote I ever attempted. Since I didn't use a pattern, I have to admit there was a lot of swearing and fun going on with this tote. I used fusible fleece in between the layers, to give it some body and I really like how it came out. I want to do a couple for myself, only a little bigger to use as grocery bag when I go to the store. I try to lower my carbon foot print by using cloth rather than plastic bags from the store.

Have a happy sewing week.

Anett

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Oh man, this is killer. I love this bag and I can't believe it's your first. For real? What a dreamy on this is! Love the fabrics. YES!