Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Life is good when you have friends

A couple of days ago, I went to the post office and it was Christmas in July. I received a very special package of Civil War fabric from my wonderful friend in Canada....Pat. I have never been into Civil War reproductions, but I am in love with them now. Pat sent so many beautiful fabrics, it is going to be hard for me to figure out which ones I want to use for the signature blocks and which ones to save for some special project later on(adding to stash) no stash busting happening at my house yet. So thank you so much Pat for the wonderful package.

Next package brought some really cool fabric from Debbie in Tennessee, right this second I don't remember the name of the team it is from, but I love it and I thank you very much Debbie...it was a wonderful surprise.

Next came a very heavy box from my friend Sandi (A Legacy of Stitches blog). She sent a box FULL of thread for use with my embroidery machine. I can't believe my luck in getting this box. It has many specialty threads that I have not been able to afford to try and metallic thread, rayon thread and the most wonderful colors I have seen. I can't wait to get started using it...hopefully this weekend. That will depend on the heat. If it above 80, I am toast.

So thank you my friends for the experience of Christmas in July!

Speaking of the heat. It is supposed to be 107 here in Portland today. I don't even want to think about leaving my office today. When I left yesterday...it was like walking into a furnace when I opened the door. This is very unusual weather for Oregon. We normally get in the 90's this time of year, but never the 100's. Oy VEY!!!!

Have a great day everyone.....from Anett....where it is already 80 degrees at 6:15am!

No comments: