Thursday, April 3, 2008

Scrappy Quilt Again!

I really want to start on this scrappy quilt this weekend. I have been racking my brain all week for an easier way to do this quilt other than one 2.5 inch square at a time. I am always trying to find ways to make easy things easier! I think I am going to do this in 4 strip set sections. It seems an easier way to do it than to cutting a bizillion little squares and sewing them together one at a time. I have to stop at my favorite fabric store...www.fabricdepot.com...like that is going to hurt me, to get some black fabric for the sashing and some to add to the scrappy blocks. I decided to just get a bunch of fabrics out of my stash and from my left overs to try and put this together. I have never attempted a scrappy quilt, but I think this one is going to be an adventure. I am a fairly anal person and most things for me must be done in order, but I am going to try and do this totally by "the feel" of how the fabrics work together. I don't want to follow an order, I just want to sew fabrics together and see what the outcome will be.

My friend Jean and I will be attending a quilt show this weekend, so I will try to get some picutures to post next week. The last quilt show we attended, was probably the worst quilt show I have ever been too.....it should have been called "Bad Memory Quilts "! I have never see so many quilts that just did not work and there was not one that we both said ooooooooooo, I like that. Very sad, but it was still a good day with my friend.

Anett

No comments: