Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Talented Friends

I am very fortunate to have many friends. One of the most talented is Mariah. My friend can sew just about anything. She quilts and makes all kinds of things with her embroidery machine. Give her thread and fabric and she can make a project out of it. Mariah has talked me through many projects over the phone and we have laughed until we cried trying to get through them.

Pat in Canada is another very talented lady, who like Mariah, always encourages me to try new things, even though they know I am very reluctant to do it.

Suzanne from Austraila is very talented with wool felt and I bet she can make anything. Her projects are the most wonderful eye candy you ever want to see.

Ru in Las Vegas can quilt like there is no tomorrow. She finishes more projects than any one woman I know. I don't know how she does it.

Karen in Florida is the most amazing quilter. If the pattern calls for stars, you can bet she is going to make it. The points on her quilts are so precise, I still cannot figure out how she does it. It's a talent I have yet to achieve.

There are many other ladies I know who are also extremely talented. All the ladies on the Crazy About Pincushions group at Yahoo are amazing. They can take just about anything and turn it into a pincushion.

I have not had time the last few days to do any crafting, but I am determined to spend at least an hour in my sewing area this evening. I stated to free motion quilt my table runner a few days ago and I would like to get that finished up tonight.

Happy day to everyone who stops by.


Anett

1 comment:

*karendianne. said...

Oh what a lovely post. And one stitch at a time is the best approach. I hope you get that hour of sewing time tonight. You deserve it!!!